WHO ARE WE AND WHAT IS OUR APPROACH TO YOUR PRIVACY?
HOW ARE WE PROTECTING YOUR DATA?
For the purposes of data protection this policy refers to the 1998 Data Protection Act until 25th May 2018 and thereafter the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent, and successor, legislation.
WE WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE’RE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
We collect the minimum amount of information about you which helps us provide you with a satisfactory service. This may include personal details or details about your order. We want you to know that the use of this website gives us the right to collect that information, but importantly gives you the option to opt out at any time. We do it as we want to get to know you better, which means we can process your orders faster and and show you more of the offers and products you love. And if there’s a problem with your order (unlikely, but it does happen), it also means we can deal with it super-speedily.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect any or all of the information that you give us depending on the type of transaction you enter into. This may include the following –
• When you purchase from us at www.babyesmee.co.uk we ask for, and collect, personal information such as including your name, address, telephone number, date of birth and email address and items ordered.
• If you set up an online account with us, we will also store your password.
• If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address.
• baby esmée and third-party providers of advertisements may also collect information regarding your visit to www.babyesmee.co.uk. This may include where you are geographically, how you were referred to us (e.g. search engines or email marketing), your browser and device type, the pages you viewed, the duration of your visit and any search terms used. This information may be collected even if you do not register an account with us.
• Other information that may be needed from time to time to process a request may also be collected as indicated on the website.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the information collected primarily to make your shopping experience as fun and easy as possible. We may use your information in the following ways –
• From time to time we may want you to know about special offers and promotions we’re running, so we may use your registered information to send marketing messages via mobile phone or e-mail services or catalogues via post. You can opt out of marketing emails and SMS messages at any time.
• We use your information so that we can successfully process your order which includes delivery, payment and returns.
• Our online account holders require an email address and password to access their account so that you can order all of your glam styles.
• We may also use demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests to improve our services.
• We take fraud very seriously, so the information helps us assist in its detection and prevention.
• Our Courier Service has selected access to your details for delivery purposes only.
Under data protection law, it is considered a legitimate business interest for us to use our customers’ details for direct marketing, so we may contact you in this way so you find out about our latest ranges and offers.
Data collected in the UK is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER AND WHY DO WE CONTACT YOU?
We think of our customers as our friends, so we want to know everything about what you like and what you aren’t as keen on. We also want you to be the first to know about every exciting development at baby esmée! So why are we contacting you, or using your information?
• We may use the information to improve our products and services. We only want you to have the BEST time when shopping at baby esmée.
• If you have signed up for our newsletters, we contact you to update you about exciting new product launches, sales and offers which are exclusive to our subscriber list. You can opt out of marketing emails at any time.
• When you make a purchase online, we will contact you by email to notify you of updates to your order.
• If using our click & collect service you will be notified by email and SMS when your order is ready to collect.
• We may also contact you about leaving reviews for products once you have received your order.
• If successful when entering any of our amazing competitions or prize draws we will contact you by email to notify you.
• We will contact you by telephone if there is a problem with your order or if we need to get in touch regarding a refund.
• For items being delivered by our courier, the courier company will send you an email or a text message with a delivery update if you provided a valid phone number and email address when you placed the order.
• If you purchase an item in one of our stores and consent to an electronic receipt this will be sent via email.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
DO WE SHARE ANY OF THIS INFORMATION?
• We may disclose personal information obtained about you from this website in order to complete a transaction – e.g. when arranging for a courier company to deliver goods that you have ordered.
• We may also use the information to keep in contact with you and inform you of exciting developments associated with our business.
• You will be given the opportunity to remove yourself from any mailing list or similar device. If at any time in the future we should wish to disclose information collected on this website to any third party, it would only be with your knowledge and consent.
• We may from time to time provide information of a general nature to third parties, for example, the number of individuals visiting our website or completing a registration form, but we will not use any information that could identify those individuals.
• We may share your name and address (but never your email address or phone number) with other companies/ trusted retail partners whose products or services may interest you.
• We may share your name, address, email address and transaction history with data selection analysts, data segmentation and ranking agencies, email marketing agencies and prospect modelling agencies. It sounds very complicated but these organisations help us to analyse our customer base and to identify potential new customers, and to target our marketing in a way that is most relevant for you. In all instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
Data sharing outside of EEA
Some of our third–party processors, who provide marketing analysis for us have sub-processing activities outside the UK, so your data may be passed out of Europe where strictly speaking it may be subject to less strict data protection laws. We will however seek to ensure that it is subject to appropriate data security at all times.
HOW LONG DATA IS KEPT
We love having you as a customer so as long as you keep shopping with us, you're one of our BFFs in our eyes. That means we keep a record of our friendship, from your first pair of sparkly heels to that unreal bandage dress which is always a saviour for a big night out. This record helps us answer any questions about your order history should we ever need this for important legal or audit purposes. We know when things aren't working out anymore, so if you haven’t shopped with us for six years, we'll realise that you've moved on to find a new shopping buddy, and delete your information from all our systems.
ADDITIONAL DATA SOURCES
On occasion, we may have received personal data from third parties, including data brokers such as Epsilon, Sub2, Experian and Transactis 2017 Ltd., where they have received an individual’s name from another company, which has indicated they wouldn’t mind receiving catalogues from us. If this applies to you, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time and ask us to remove you from our mailing list.
DO WE USE ANY INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
We want to show you more of the things you love, which is why we use the following marketing tools –
We love social media here at baby esmée, which is why we use it to broadcast messages and updates about products and news. We love chatting to you on there, so on occasion we may reply to comments or questions you make to us on social media platforms. You may also see adverts from us on social media that are tailored to your interests. Depending on your settings or the privacy policies social media and messaging services like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, you might give third parties permission to access information from those accounts or services.
baby esmée uses remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from vendors such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest to present special offers to you for our products or services over the Google Content Network and via social networks. This means you may see an ad for one of our products or services as a result of visiting our website. In addition, baby esmée uses custom audiences based on emails of subscribers and customers. This allows us to present special offers for our products to you via Facebook and Instagram. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any remarketing service other than to present special offers from us. If you want to opt out of any of these, you can do so here:
Twitter: Opt-out of Twitter remarketing here.
Facebook: Opt-out of Facebook remarketing here.
LinkedIn: Opt-out of LinkedIn remarketing here.
Pinterest: Opt-out of Pinterest remarketing here.
Google: Opt-out of Google remarketing here.
Epsilon: Opt-out of Epsilon remarketing here.
AWIN: Opt-out of AWIN here.
Sub2tech: Opt-out of Sub2tech here.
In accordance with legitimate interest, we may share your name and address (but never your email address or phone number) with other companies/ trusted retail partners whose products or services may interest you. We do this through data cooperatives, to see why we do this and how it works, click here. Data Co-operatives are companies whose members contribute information about their customers in exchange for information about other consumers that may be interested in their products. The data cooperatives we use are Epsilon, I Behaviour (part of Conexance), Sub2, Experian and Transactis 2017 Ltd. and we share details about what you’ve ordered from us and your name and address so they can analyse what sort of products might interest you and pass your name and address to companies whose products are likely to appeal to you.
We are unable to give you an exact list of those companies as they change all the time, but by trusted retail partners we mean companies operating in but not limited to the clothing, collectables, food and wine, gadgets and entertainment, health and entertainment, household goods or home interiors categories, lifestyle and charities e.g. leisure, holiday, travel, health and well being, finance e.g. insurance, home, car, pet, pensions or personal, FMCG e.g. household goods, utility e.g. gas, electric or water companies. You can change this at any time by emailing email@example.com.
As catalogues get printed in advance, it can take up to eight weeks for you to unsubscribe; for emails it may take around five working days. But, trust us, we’re on the case.
By sending a start message to baby esmée (hereinafter referred to as – Sender) I agree with respect to Art. 6 Abs.1 lit. a GDPR that Sender has my permission to use my personal data (e.g. first and last name, phone number, messenger ID, profile image, messages) for direct communication and the required data processing, based on the respective messenger. To use this service, an existing messenger account with the respective provider is required.The possible messenger service providers are:
I acknowledge that the respective provider might receive personal data (including communication meta data) that might be processed at servers located in countries outside of the EU (e.g. USA) that do not guarantee the same level of data protection as that practiced in the EU. Whatsapp Inc and Facebook Inc are certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus guarantee compliance with European data protection regulations. Additional information is described in the above privacy policies of the respective messengers. Sender has no detailed knowledge about or influence on the respective providers.Your agreement to this data processing can be revoked at any time by sending “stop” in the respective messenger.To delete all data that is stored by our technical service provider, please send a message with „delete all data“ through your messenger. Sender uses the technical service provider WhatsBroadcast GmbH, Herzog-Heinrich-Str. 9, 80336 Munich, Germany as data processor for this messenger service.
HOW CAN I UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS?
We want you to have as much control over your personal information as possible, so we want you to know that you can do this in the following ways –
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for marketing purposes.
• If you have previously signed up to our email newsletters and want to unsubscribe at any point click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email or log into your account to change your preferences.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites which we think you may be interested in. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over what you may see on these other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
WANT TO CONTACT US?
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of personal information held about you
• The right to request that inaccuracies be corrected
• The right to request us to stop processing your personal data
• The right to withdraw consent
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone when you access the internet. These include small files known as cookies.
WHY ARE COOKIES USED BY BABY ESMÉE?
None of the cookies we use collect your personal information and they can’t be used to identify you.
TYPES OF COOKIES
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on our websites.
Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use the website. These cookies help our website remember what you chose on the previous page and avoids the need for you re-entering the information. They also provide analytical data which allows us to count traffic and record browser behaviour.
Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our website. These cookies will be used so that the site remembers your choice the next time you visit. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor but DO NOT contain information that could be used to identify you to another person.
-Tailoring user experience
-Storing wish lists
-What products interested you
We also use Tracking Analytic Services to see how our customers shop. This allows us to understand what our customers are interested in and helps us stock the correct products for our customer base.
The analytics services we use are:
Google Analytics: https://www.google.com/analytics
HOW TO MANAGE AND DELETE COOKIES
If you want to restrict or block the cookies we set, you can do this through your browser settings.
More information can be found at: https://www.aboutcookies.org/
To help us to understand whether you’ve opened an email we use Web Beacons. Web beacons are tiny, invisible images placed in emails to tell us whether you’ve opened them and how often, how you interacted with them, which email software and web browser you used, which device you used and your IP address. We also use web beacons to help us display emails in the best format for your device.
Our emails contain a number of hyperlinks which have a unique ID. When you click on one of these we log the click so that we can understand who has clicked through from an email to our website. We use this information to tailor future emails.
Choosing whether to accept Cookies:
If you choose not to accept cookies through email you can unsubscribe from our mailing list. You can also disable cookies through your browser settings.